Τρίτη, Φεβρουαρίου 02, 2010

Όλα ρημάδια (Everything's wrecked) -- 1951

Sofia Vembo (Βέμπο, Σόφια) employs a sung-spoken style reminiscent of Marlene Dietrich with whom she's roughly contemporary. I've added a performance of Dietrich's from a few years after Vembo's to that demonstrate this affinity. Vombo's vocals together with embryonic laiki arrangement makes the piece striking and powerfully evocative.



Όλα ρημάδια

Μουσική: Σουγιούλ Μιχάλης
Στίχοι: Τραϊφόρος Μίμης

Μαύρα ρημάδια ένα γύρω μου κοιτώ
Μέσα στην άραχνη ζωή μου και τη στείρα
Βρέχει στο μάγουλο το δάκρυ μου καυτό
Απ’ τα χτυπήματα που μου ’δωσε η μοίρα
Κούφια τα στήθια μου και άδεια
Κι όλα ρημάδια, όλα ρημάδια

Κι εσύ με γέμισες σημάδια ένα σωρό
Μαύρες βολές όλοι οι όρκοι σου γινήκαν
Κι αναρωτιέμαι διαρκώς και απορώ
Τόσα φαρμάκια που με πότισαν πού μπήκαν
Πληγές εγίνανε τα χάδια
Κι όλα ρημάδια, όλα ρημάδια

Και το παιδί μας που με γιόμιζε πνοή
Και που για χάρη του οκάδες πίκρες ήπια
Κι εκείνο το ‘χασα και όλη μου η ζωή
Χωρίς χαμόγελα κυλά και καρδιοχτύπια
Ζωή πικρή χαμένη κι άδεια
Κι όλα ρημάδια



spidery, barrenness


|
| Δις








fill
pre-metric weight, about one half pound






------ Μετάφρασης (translation)------

I see black black decay around me
In my spidery, barren life
My hot tears have found my cheeks.
From the blows fate has given me
My hands hand exhausted and empty
Everything's wrecked, everything's wrecked

You filled me with black arrows
Which your oaths became
And I ask myself, tearfully, and wonder:
Such poison I've been given to drink
And how I've been wounded by ruin
Everything's wrecked, everything's wrecked

And our child, who filled me with spirit
And that whose joy bitter weights I bore mildly
Without the rolling laughter and and heartbeats
Life is ruined and empty
Everything's wrecked, everything's wrecked